Monday, July 20, 2009

What Flavor is Coral?


I LOVE everything about
Coral~
I love it because it is natural,
it is beautiful
&
not one piece is the same
as another~
Sometimes I wonder...
If Red Coral were a flavor
what do you think
it would it taste like?
Do you think...
sweet like candy
sour like fresh summer fruit
spicy hot like winter
or
salty like the ocean?
Maybe some of these
images will help you decide~

These old French papers that
Corey at
Tongue in Cheek
found at her local French Brocante
are driving me crazy!
Coral seaweed~

I adore this ring designed by
Mesi Jilly~

These coral shoes were designed in Paris~
by Roger Viver for
Christian Dior.
You can read about them
Here~


I found this coral velvet dress
made by Rezoom on Etsy
Here!

Coral
inspires me!
This all white framed coral mirror
I could hang anywhere
and be happy~
Maybe you want to think about
what flavor White Coral
would be...
Creamy sweet, Cool Mint,
or Salty
?

If I have a choice,
I always seem to lean toward
old
&
one of a kind,
sometimes even funny or weird items
{according to some}
over new trendy objects.

I love this corner!
This chair is covered in new coral fabric
but the chair is old~
This make a perfect juxtaposition~

Lynn at
Paris
Hotel Boutique
found this amazing old
iron coral table from France
at her local flea market last year!
Sorry it is sold~
But
there are some of the best
vintage items you'll ever see
available at her online shop!

My friend Sandy at
A
Gift Wrapped Life
found this image
that I LOVE so much!
Sandy has a coral line of gifts
&
coral gift wrapped items
at her online shop
Oh la la~


One of her items are these linen embroidered
guest towels~

Omg!
And look how she Wraps!!

O.K.
If you know me...
you know that I'll have
to show you this
coral cake today
too~

This is some of my coral
in my home
I want to share with you~
On the right is a piece of coral that
reminds me of a nest, it dips in the center.
I have pale blue stone eggs in it
and a sun dried white crab...
I told you I like funny things~

Last but not least~
I am a crab & bug nut...
Two of my most treasured pieces,
are made by my
sweetest friend Lynda~
She makes bug & crab bodies out of recycled metal
&
places old brooches on top.
This one is an old
red coral crab~
&
Below is one she put
White coral on ~
to make my favorite bug~
Have a Good Week!
xox's

Fin~

24 comments:

  1. Oh I adore this post. My favorite color is coral and I love coral itself. Does Lynda sell her coral bugs through you or Etsy-if not, she must. I want one so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once, long ago on the Island of Maui...
    I spied a set of flatware in an art gallery made up of Black coral!...it was stunning and about $100,000. USD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore coral and all your images are fantastic!! I have an antique piece in our home that I purchased from The Paris Hotel Boutique that is just stunning!!
    xoxo
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Janet , Janet , Janet ,,,,,,,more wonderful , wondrous images....
    The table..no the table and the brooch... no the table ,the brooch , and the chair ( oh , the chair and the room the chair is in!! )....No...I've got it....
    The table , the brooch , the chair and ( in your very own words ) Oh My GOD the present!!!
    And Coral tastes of cinnamon sugar..XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beatiful, interesting and fun post! I love the color of coral and we are thinking about using it as a highlight color in our nursery. The Roger Vivier shoes are GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i think i would want coral to taste sweet..lovely post...amazing images ...i have never really been a fan of coral but i am now!!! I love the color coral...brighter the better and aqua mixed together...another fabulous post. Happy day to you! I should be painting but here I sit getting inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too adore coral. I often think about a beautiful coral necklace that I saw in Paris a few years ago. I should have bought it but I hesitated at the price. Of course, I've never been able to find anything remotely as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well... that depends ~
    if you are talking sea coral ~ salty
    the color coral ~ warm and spicy
    You find the most amazing photos!!
    Beautiful as always....
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. It really meant a lot to me.
    ~D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun post! White coral = vanilla ice creme and red coral cayenne pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet,

    At this very moment, I am thanking my lucky stars for being surrounded by so MANY talented and artistic women I've come to know in this blog world! Wow! All your photo treasures today made me fall in love with coral all over again!

    And if they had a flavor: I think white would taste like fresh coconut cupcakes and red would have the sweet taste of salt water taffy.

    Happy week to you!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!
    The blog is complete the 100ª post and the illustrated Art design created a lovely stamp,to commemorate.Take one to decorete your blog and give it to your friends.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well with my background in makeup, I tend to think of coral has being warm. So I would think it would have a somewhat spicy flavor to it, but also somewhat salty being from the sea.

    Love these images

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful post! I love coral as well, and you found the most exquisite images of it. I think I'm going to include some of them, and your blog, in my next post "Birds of a Feather"... I hope you'll come by for a visit!

    Take care,
    Kari
    reeseandmarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so coming to your house to see that coral. What a lovely surprise to see my coral indulgence as well......I absolutely love coral, it's my favorite colour. Thank you Janet for the mention (again!) and I have some catching up to do, the summer that has flown by! Wonderful post, just love every image and big hugs for your checking in with me this weekend and incredible support. I am truly blessed to have such fabulous blog friends.
    Much love ~XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just adore the velvet top from etsy and Sande is the limit on all things wrapped and more!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm to choose a single flavor for coral is obviously impossible as you have shared with us. Although it does seem the coral would have picked some of the most tropical flavors possible!! Thanks for always tantalizing our taste buds.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. White.. a sweet confection but red spicy like an organic red hot!!!
    I love coral but had to forgo having it out. My cat decided it made a great scratcher for him & again & again he lean against to scratch & break. I have a few pieces left behind glass in a hutch but I miss my huge piece that was huge in the morning & tiny lots & lots of pieces on the floor after work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. GORGEOUS POST, as always!!! I want that coral flatware! And thanks for the "link love" too! xoxoxo me

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the way you take a whimsical thought, like what flavor would coral be...and run with it, to develop such fun posts with gorgeous photos on the theme. I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Coral is the flavor of saltwater taffy on a hot day...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Janet! I nearly swooned when I saw those fabulous shoes!!!!! The little White coral bug is adorable too! I just adored this post and now you have me wondering what flavor coral would be as well! I think something like a tart sorbet :) Beautiful post my friend!!!
    xoxo
    Judith~

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved coral, note I said loved. I bought a necklace with tiny coral flowers on a gold chain and everyone used to ask if I had a rash :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow...what a fabulous post! I too love coral (red would definitely taste spicey me thinks)...and thank you sweet lady for the wellness tale that you left for me a few days ago...you have such a gift for writing...thank you for sharing it...oh and the earl grey tea...yes my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  24. that wrapping!!
    dallas
    http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete